So summer is for BBQ’ing right? But I don’t always want to eat hamburgers and hot dogs. In fact, I don’t always want to eat meat.
The other night we recreated our most favourite menu item from @wildfiresteakhouseofficial which by the way, is one of the better dining experiences you can have out where we live and the friendly staff NEVER disappoints! It has become one of our go-to spots to bring friends and family.
Anyways, what I’m here to tell you about is the super simple version of the the grilled Caeser salad we made. I was so pleased with it and can see it becoming a regular dinner option paired with a glass of white wine to suit those lazy girl nights when I only have the energy it takes to pour out a bowl of cereal.
What you need:
- Head of romaine lettuce, washed and cut vertically in half
- Renee’s Caesar dressing (I browned some minced garlic in butter, added a lil lemon juice and whisked into the dressing for some added soul)
Yummy topping ideas for next time:
Roasted pine nuts
Bacon bits or seared pancetta pieces
Fresh grated Parmesan
What to do:
- Preheat barbecue
- Place heads of lettuce face down on grill – about 2 mins per side to get nice char marks
- Remove from grill and plate
- I used a kitchen brush to slather on the dressing and get into all those lettuce cracks but dress her the way you’d like